This colorful, textured dish features bowtie pasta, avocados, roma tomatoes and fresh herbs. This dish can be eaten hot or cold, as a side salad or as a main course.
Course: Main Course
Cook Time: 25 Min
Total Time: 35 Min
- 14 ounces bowtie pasta
- 2 medium avocado
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 medium red onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Italian dressing
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp basil
- 1 Tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Begin cooking pasta according to on package instructions.
- Cut avocados in half, remove the pit and cut in half again. Remove the skin and chop into medium chunks. Place avocados in a large bowl. Add lemon juice, dressing (or olive oil) garlic powder, onion powder then gently mix to combine and lightly coat the avocados.
- Chop tomatoes, green onions and red onion. Add to the large bowl.
- When pasta is done cooking drain, rinse and add to the large bowl. Add fresh minced herbs and toss pasta until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- For a vegetarian alternative top with a sprinkle of Parmesan or feta cheese.
- If you do not have fresh herbs substitute with dry herbs to taste.
This was delicious, but really really overdid it on the onions. This shows me cutting the onion amounts in half from how we ate it. Maybe if the onions had been sauteed a little prior it wouldn’t have been so harsh.